San Antonio Photography


San Antonio senior portrait photographers and graduation photography. Cap and gown portraits in San Antonio. Cap and gown senior portraits, announcements, invitations. family photography, Senior Pictures, Graduation pictures graduation photography packages. Graduation announcements in San Antonio. San Antonio portrait photography including Spring Branch, Bulverde, Boerne

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

Monday, January 16, 2006

I Will NOT Be Your Wedding Photographer

I Will NOT Be Your Wedding Photographer By Eric Hartwell


“I’m having a wedding. Can you be my photographer?”
Let’s get one thing straight. I am an amateur photographer. I started photography as a hobby and it is still a hobby. I have a full-time job that is nothing to do with photography. I do it for love, not money.

You want someone to do some cheap photos for you, don’t you? As you know me, you have come expecting that I’ll do the job at little expense to you, perhaps even free.
Well I won’t.

I can’t guarantee that the results will be to your liking. I have no insurance against failures. I have no experience in wedding photography. I can’t do it.

It is YOUR special day. If you want good images and a professional organiser, then you have to pay for this sort of thing. If I do it, it will be a sham and I will lose the confidence of you and your guests. I may even lose your friendship.

I am happy to take some snaps of your cat. If they don’t turn out as expected, no worries. We can take them again or just laugh it off. However, you can’t get married again. It is a one-off process. The best and most reliable results will come from you paying what the service is worth. That means someone else, not me.

Get a professional wedding photographer. Don’t ask me to do it as refusal often offends.
Eric Hartwell runs the photography resource site http://www.theshutter.co.uk and the associated discussion forums as well as the regular weblog at http://thephotographysite.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home