San Antonio Photography


San Antonio senior portrait photographers and graduation photography. Cap and gown portraits in San Antonio. Cap and gown senior portraits, announcements, invitations. family photography, Senior Pictures, Graduation pictures graduation photography packages. Graduation announcements in San Antonio. San Antonio portrait photography including Spring Branch, Bulverde, Boerne

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Going Digital with Scrapbooking

Going Digital with Scrapbooking
By Sharon Odam

My best friend has been doing scrapbooking for several years now and I have admired the pages that she has created. But for some reason I just couldn't get myself interested in sitting down and doing all that clipping and pasting, not to mention trying to organize and keep up with all the extra "stuff" you could collect along the way. I did start to give it a little thought however, but when I took a look at the supplies in the store - that's when I got "sticker" shock - for real!

With the coming of the digital age, I decided to take up my photography work again. I put my film camera away and went totally digital. At the same time a close friend introduced me to Adobe Photoshop and Photoshop Elements and all the really creative things one could do with the photo editing programs. From that moment on, I was totally hooked on the digital darkroom. It worked very well with my extreme interest in photo restoration, because scrapbooking and photo restoration are both about preserving memories and those special moments in time.

I started experimenting with montage designs using different techniques, filters, borders, frames, and elements. That's when scrapbooking took on a whole new meaning for me. With a little practice, there is no limit to the variety of elements and embellishments you can create. If you don't know how, there are plenty of free tutorials on the internet to get you started. The nice part of it is that you don't have to go searching through the stores for that one specific color of button or tag to match your color scheme. Forget the expense of background papers - create your own. For something different, use one of your images as a watermark for the background to tie your page theme together. And with a laptop, digital scrapbooking can be completely portable.

Digital scrapbooking is probably not for everyone, but for me it is a new creative outlet. I get so much satisfaction from learning new things and with digital scrapbooking, the sky is the limit. If you haven't done so, try it - you might like it, too!


Sharon Odam has been a professional photographer for over 30 years and is very skilled in digital photo restoration. Samples of her work can be seen at www.sharonodamphotography.com. She has also produced an extensive gallery of photographic art prints. You can find the select locations that carry her work at The Devine Connection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home